- Part-time employment - We welcome inquires from students interested in working up to 5h/week to help with routine tasks as an introduction to bench science.
- Work-study program - Applications are due to Queen's in early-mid September of each year; we will work with you on your application.
- Co-op placements - We welcome inquires from students requiring work placement experience for their degree programs at other institutions.
- BIOL537/541 Honours Thesis - Earn 12 credits towards your BIOL major while you conduct a hypothesis-driven project over the fall and winter terms.
- BIOL538/539/540 Research Mentorship - Earn credits towards your BIOL/BCHM/LSCI major while you conduct research over the fall (539; 3 credits), winter (538; 3 credits), or both semesters (540; 6 credits).
- SWEP - Paid full-time summer work. Applications are typically due in February each year.
- NSERC USRA - Highly competitive national scholarships enabling full-time summer work. Applications are due to the Dept of Biology in the winter semester each year.
- ASPB SURF - Highly competitive society scholarship enabling full-time summer work. Applications are due to ASPB in March of each year.
- We are recruiting PhD students!
- Inquires from potential MSc and PhD students are always welcome. Please look here for more information about our program. Students typically start in Sept or Jan, but other start times are possible. Be sure to include a motivation statement and CV in your email.
- Scholarship opportunities - There are several scholarship options allowing students to focus on research with a reduction in TAships. Application deadlines vary throughout the year. Incoming students who are awarded an NSERC CGS receive a $5K top-up.
- NSERC Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement - Supplemental funding available to allow international collaborations for students holding NSERC-CGS. Applications are due to Queen's University in September of each year. So far, students from our lab have been successful with this program enabling 3 month-long stays at the Sainsbury Laboratory UK in 2017 and the University of Freiburg Germany in 2019.
- Scholarship opportunities for non-Canadian nationals/residents may be available from other sources.
- We are recruiting a postdoctoral fellow! Please see advert here and apply by Sept 30, 2020.
- Inquiries from potential postdoctoral fellows are always welcome, however internal funding is not guaranteed. Be sure to include a motivation statement and CV in your email.
- Although competitive, applying for external fellowships is encouraged (be sure to confirm eligibility):
- Banting postdoctoral fellowship applications – due internally in June, selected to be endorsed by Queen’s by July, and announced in winter.
- NSERC postdoctoral fellowship applications – due on October and announced in March.
- Queen’s postdoctoral fund applications – due in January for spring decisions.
- EMBO long-term fellowships – due in August for fall interviews and winter decisions.
- MSCA global fellowships – due in September for winter decisions.
- +several others from the CSC, NSF, Mitacs, etc